When you’re looking to hire a Somerset contractor to install a new roof or do some roof repairs, it can be quite a challenge choose a good one. You want to be sure that you choose one that’ll do a great job while still charging you fairly. Below are some signs that will help you locate the Somerset roofing contractor that best suits your project needs:
Choosing a Great Somerset Roofing Contractor
- Don’t Take The Lowball Offer: If an offer is a lot lower than other bids you have received (like a couple of thousands of dollars lower) while everyone else is hovering around the same number, then the odds are you are going to get scammed. They will end up cutting corners by using sub-par materials, or once they get started they will come up with “surprises” and the price will change. Most likely it will become higher than you would have paid initially to another contractor.
- Deposit/ Payment Schedule: Look at the expected payment schedule. You shouldn’t spend more than 50% of the total cost upfront and plan on paying your contractor 2 to 3 times during the project. You should also be withholding at least 10% of the total which you will pay after the satisfactory completion of the project. Rendering payment in this fashion keeps the Somerset roofing contractor from walking away with your funds without doing any work. It also helps to make sure they will finish the work to your specifications because they will want their final payment. Any good contractor will be entirely happy with this payment schedule as this will benefit him or her as well as yourself. Never give them the whole payment up front, no matter how small the sum.
- Timeline: Your Somerset roofing contractor should provide you with an approximate timeline for completing the work. Now this won’t always be exact. Things happen in life, and you should prepare for minor setbacks, etc. But by giving you a basic outline, you can both know the expectations of the project. Though they may not offer one on smaller projects, giving you an, someone who is legitimate will be willing to provide you with one if you ask.
- Materials List: A list of materials, as well as prices, is a reasonable expectation for any job. If you get work done on your car, you get a total price as well as a breakdown of how much you pay for each part and labor. The same goes with a legitimate Somerset roofing contractor. They should give you descriptions of the type and brand of materials they will be using as well as the price. A documented list, combined with the timeline will allow you to figure out approximate costs of labor and can give an accurate budget.
- Always Have A Contract: No matter how small the project you should always get everything written in a signed contract. It protects you as well as the contractor and can help avoid any confusion in the future. If they aren’t willing to provide you with a signed contract outlining everything included in your agreement, then run. A legitimate Somerset roofing contractor won’t have any issues with a contract because it protects them as well as you.
Looking for the Best Somerset Roofing Contractor?
If you’re looking for the absolute best Somerset roofing contractor, look no further than Biondo Roofing! Biondo has over three decades of diverse winter roofing experience all over the great state of New Jersey. There is no job too large for us to handle, and customer satisfaction is always at the top of our priority list. If you suspect that you need roof work done before winter hits, don’t hesitate to call us today! Additionally, we provide free roofing estimates for all projects. For more information, call Biondo Roofing today at: (732) 257 2926 or visit our website: