This past winter season may have put some wear and tear on your NJ roof. Do you know if you need roofing services to keep your roof’s performance up to par this spring and summer? If not, it is recommended that you either inspect your roof or hire a professional to do so for you. Here are 10 different roofing services that you may be in need of:
Different Roofing Services
- Leak Identification and Repairs – Roof leaks are often small and difficult to spot with the naked eye. A roofing contractor is an expert at finding and repairing leaks that are causing water damage in your home. If you notice mold or a musty smell in your attic, a roof leak is likely the cause.
- Shingle Replacement – Shingles often fall off because of wind or damage. This can cause leaks and further damage to your roof. Luckily, they are easy and inexpensive for a contractor to replace.
- Mold Remediation – Mold can spread rapidly and cause serious damage to your roof. It can also be dangerous to you and your family. Have your roof thoroughly cleaned to remove all traces and make sure mold doesn’t come back. This is one of the more important roofing services because it can affect your health
- Roof Waterproofing – In certain climates, your roof may need special treatment to withstand the elements. There are various types of waterproofing options available that may better protect your roof against rain and snow.
- Gutter Repairs – Your gutters help protect your roof and home from water damage. They should be repaired any time they become leaky, rusty, or otherwise damaged.
- Flashing Installation – Flashing also helps your roof shed water efficiently. Make sure there is enough flashing to do the job, and make sure it hasn’t been damaged or grown rusty.
- Ventilation Repairs – Without adequate ventilation, your attic will grow hot and humid, and your whole house will suffer. Have your roofing contractor repair damaged ventilation to keep your home cooler in the summer. If your roof doesn’t have sufficient ventilation, more may have to be installed. These roofing services shouldn’t be overlooked if you want to save money on energy and future roofing services.
- Chimney Repairs – Roofing contractors can also repair a cracked chimney or chimney cap. Cracks in your chimney cause your home to be less insulated, increasing your energy bills all year long.
- Skylight Installation – This is one of a couple roofing services that is for aesthetic and energy saving purposes. A skylight can bring natural light to an otherwise dark and gloomy room. This can help save money on artificial lights and also gives the room a more natural, relaxing atmosphere.
- Roof Replacement – When all other roofing services fail, you may need your roofing contractors to install a new roof. In general, if roof damage is confined to a small area, it can be fixed. However, if there is widespread damage over much of your roof, it will probably cost less in the long run to have the whole roof replaced.
Biondo Contracting is a roofing company that offers roof replacement services, roof installation services, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roofing services to the Central NJ area. They service towns such as East Brunswick, Livingston, Short Hills, Point Pleasant, South Brunswick, Hillsborough, Bernardsville, Bridgewater, Green Brook, Madison, Somerset, Millburn, Bay Head, Springfield, Manalapan, North Brunswick, and many more. For more information on this expert NJ roofing contractor and it’s services, or for a free roofing estimate, call Biondo Contracting today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.