Do you know when it’s in your best interest to contact a Somerset County roofer for professional services? Your roof protects and optimizes your home in a variety of ways. It shields the interior from weather, provides insulation during the hottest and coldest months, and creates a barrier to keep out wild animals. To ensure that it can handle these heavy responsibilities, it’s important that you stay on top of your roof’s maintenance and hire a professional Somerset County roofer when necessary. Below are some tips that can help you decide when you need to contact a roofing professional.
When to Call a Somerset County Roofer
- You’ve noticed leaks or wet spots: This is the most obvious reason to call a Somerset County roofer. Whether there are leaks or wet spots on the ceiling, you need to call a roofer ASAP to attack the issue in it’s early stage to prevent serious damage (including mold and mildew). Especially if you use your attic for storage, be sure to check your roof or attic regularly for damp spots and leaks.
- Your roof is due for an inspection: Regular inspections and maintenance can help you avoid major, costly problems. To keep your roof in tip-top condition, consider scheduling a roofing inspection every 6-12 months.
- The flashing is damaged: Flashing is the metal sheets installed on your roof to prevent water from entering the home. If you notice that your flashing is damaged, deteriorating, oxidizing, or pulling away from the roof, contact a Somerset County roofer to prevent roof leaks before they occur.
- Shingles are loose or missing: Your roof’s shingles protect the interior of the roof by shielding it from the elements. Examine your roof from time to time and if you notice that a shingle is loose or missing, contact a Somerset County roofer to address the problem.
- Your shingles have excessive granule loss: Even if your shingles aren’t falling off the roof, they may be so damaged that they are no longer fully protecting the roof’s interior. If you notice excessive granule loss, accept that your shingles have reached the end of their lifespan and will need to be replaced.
- The gutters are damaged: Gutters play a crucial role in the health of your home and roof by directing water off and away from them. If your gutters are leaking, clogged, or damaged, contact a Somerset County roofer sooner rather than later for repairs.
- Your roof has reached the end of its life: In addition to the problems listed above, pay attention to your roof’s age. Roofs are designed to last about 20-30 years, so if your roof is in this age range, keep an eye on its condition. When you spot signs of damage, contact a Somerset County roofer to determine if you should invest in a repair or replace the roof entirely.
Looking for the Best Somerset County Roofer?
Biondo Contracting is a NJ roofing contractor that has been in business since 1990. Based in East Brunswick and Monroe Township in Middlesex County and Seaside Heights in Ocean County, we service all of Central NJ, including Somerset, Monmouth, Mercer, Union, Ocean and Essex Counties. Our goal is to provide NJ homeowners with quality NJ roofing services whether it’s a roof replacement, roof installation, duct work, gutter work, or various roof repairs. For more information on our roofing services, you can call today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.