There are many things that can be an issue when it comes to your NJ roof. Some of these problems are obvious while others are a bit more tricky to spot. Here are some of the most common signs that mean you should call for Toms River roofing contractor for roof repairs or a replacement:
Signs You Need a Toms River Roofing Contractor
- Sagging Roof. One of the easiest things to look out for is a sagging roof. If your roof sags in the middle or at any point, something is structurally wrong. There are several reasons for a sagging roof. Almost all are structural. Bad support or a damaged beam causes this effect. A harsh winter with a lot of can push older roofs over the edge. This problem requires the assistance of an expert Toms River roofing contractor.
- Accumulated Granules. Asphalt shingles break down over time. Some of the small granules that make up the shingles disintegrate as part of this process. Accumulated granules in your gutters or at the bottom of your downspouts are warning signs that are dangerous to ignore. As shingles deteriorate, their effectiveness deteriorates too. Have a Toms River roofing contractor do some repairs before something really bad occurs.
- Loose Nails. Loose, missing or exposed nails can’t offer proper support for your shingles. This increases the chances of your shingles getting damaged during one of NJ’s winter storms. Loose or missing nails indicate another costly problem as well. Missing nails leave a hole behind them, providing a pathway for water to penetrate your roof and attic. Water damage leads to mold and structural damage to your roof and home.
- Changes In Your HVAC Bill. Many factors contribute to your home’s heating and cooling bill. Poor insulation, damaged siding, the cost of fuel and compromised roofs are among them. If you notice a change in your home’s HVAC bill that cannot be explained by insulation, siding, or fuel, call a Toms River roofing contractor to inspect your roof.
- Water Damage. Water from your leaking roof leaves tell-tale signs in your attic and ceilings. Go up to your attic every once in a while, especially before winter and during the spring, and examine the rafters. Water stains are a indicator of a leaking roof that will need to be repaired by a Toms River roofing contractor.
- Damaged, Loose or Missing Shingles. Asphalt shingles typically last between 15 and 25 years. Some last longer and some shorter, depending on weather and installment. Curling, peeling shingles require replacing, as well as loose or missing shingles. Your shingles are how your roof sheds water and stays insulated. When this barrier gets breached, you need professional help that only an expert Toms River roofing contractor can provide.
- Paint Stains, Blistering, And Mildew. Sometimes you don’t even have to look up at your roof to check for problems. Check your NJ home’s perimeter, keeping an eye on the walls. If your paint is blistering or peeling in a concentrated area, chances are your roof is not ventilating properly. Accumulated moisture trapped in attic spaces causes this. If your house has vinyl siding, look out for signs of mildew.
Looking for the Best Toms River Roofing Contractor?
Biondo Contracting is a Toms River roofing contractor that offers roof replacement services, roof installation services, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roof services to the Toms River NJ area. If you are interested in finding out more information, contact Biondo Roofing today for a free roofing estimate. Call (732)257-2926 or visit the website: