Do you know if your Long Branch NJ home is in need of roofing services? There are some signs that indicate you may need a Long Branch roofer, but not all homeowners are aware of them. Below are some of the top reasons that you should consider hiring a Long Branch roofer to fix up your roof.
When to Call a Long Branch Roofer
- Damaged or missing shingles: Buckling, curling and blistering shingles indicate that the roof is at the end of its lifespan. Missing shingles are also a serious problem that needs to be taken care of because they leave the interior of your roof exposed to the elements. Another sign it’s time to call a Long Branch roofer is an excessive amount of shingle granules in the gutters. These small bumps that cover shingles give them extra weight and ultraviolet ray protection, so losing them leaves the shingles exposed.
- Flashing damage: Flashing consists of the metal sheets installed on the roof to prevent water from entering the home at an angle or through a joint. Flashing failure is one of the top reasons for roof leaks. If the flashing has sustained damage and is pulling away from the roof, it’s time to call a Long Branch roofer.
- Leaking and water spots: Leaks and wet spots on the ceiling are an obvious sign that you need to call a Long Branch roofer as soon as possible. If you have an attic that you use just for storage, make sure to check it on a weekly basis for damp or dark spots during stormy weather and immediately call a professional if you see leaks or staining.
- Moss on your roof: Large amounts of moss on your roof indicate deteriorating shingles. The roots of moss overtake shingles and cause a breakdown in the material. Moss also works its way in-between shingles, which can loosen them, making the shingles more likely to be blown away by the wind. While a mild infestation of moss on the roof can be treated with certain chemicals, a large amount generally requires replacement of the roof in order to most effectively shield the building.
- Loose or clogged gutters: Gutters have the critical role of getting water away from your roof and home. When they are leaking or clogged, they fail to do so. A Long Branch roofer can repair gutters and ensure that they keep water from building up on your roof and causing damage.
Looking for the Best Long Branch Roofer?
Biondo Contracting is a roofing company that offers roof replacement services, roof installation services, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roofing services to much of the Central NJ area. They service towns such as East Brunswick, Livingston, Short Hills, Point Pleasant, South Brunswick, Hillsborough, Bernardsville, Bridgewater, Green Brook, Long Branch, Somerset, Millburn, Bay Head, Springfield, Manalapan, North Brunswick, and many more. For more information on this expert NJ roofing contractor and it’s services, or for a free roofing estimate, call Biondo Contracting today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.