Are you in the Colts Neck NJ area and curious as to if your roof is in need of repairs or replacements? Homeowners often fail to inspect their roof, but it is actually key to saving you a lot of money. Neglected minor damages can eventually become major repair projects. Getting into the habit of inspecting your roof at least twice a year will not only prevent damages from getting out of hand, but will also keep your house value up.
Colts Neck Roofing Tips
A roof inspection involves checking both the inside and outside of your roof. To begin, you will want to go to attic. Here are some damages that you should look for:
- parts of the roof deck that are slumping
- holes in the roof where light is shining through
- dark spots or trails on the wood
- indications of leaks or water damage
After you’ve done that, it’s now time to inspect the exterior for damages. Here are some things to look for:
- shingles that are damaged or missing
- a lot of shingle grains in the drainage system
- rot or mold under shingles or shingles covered in algae
- signs of erosion near chimneys or vents.
If you need assistance with a roof inspection, consider contacting a Colts Neck roofing contractor.
Biondo Contracting is a Middlesex County area roofing company that serves towns such as East Brunswick, North Brunswick, Milltown, South Brunswick, Dayton, Kendall Park, Monroe, Colts Neck, Aberdeen, and many more. Call today for a free estimate.