Even the best maintained roof will eventually reach the end of its lifespan. Towards the end, a roof will begin to just look old and worn. If replacing an old roof is delayed, however, it could result in bigger problems down the road. So watch for the warning signs to be sure to give yourself plenty of time to add a roof replacement to your to-do list.
Sign You May Need a Roof Replacement
- Shingle edges are curled or shingle tabs are cupped.
- Bald spots where granules are missing.
- Cracked shingles,
- Your roof is at least 20 years old. While many shingles today are produced for durability, many factors can accelerate the aging of shingles. For example, poor ventilation can negatively impact your shingles.
- Neighbors are getting new roofs. Homes built around the same time period will usually have the same roof lifespan if materials and maintenance were similar.
- The roof just looks old and worn.
- Moss. Moss can grow on roof surfaces that don’t get much sunlight especially in cool, moist climates. Moss growth can be more than a cosmetic issue. Moss holds moisture against the roof surface and overtime in freezing climates can cause damage to the granules on the top of the shingles. Moss can be brushed off but it won’t prevent it from growing again. You may need to contact a professional roofing contractor to thoroughly do this job.
Biondo Contracting is a roofing company that offers great reliable roofing services such as roof installation services, roof replacement, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roofing services to the Central NJ area in towns such as East Brunswick, Short Hills, Millburn, South Brunswick, Monmouth Junction, Livingston, Rumson, Watchung, Scotch Plains, Springfield, Union and many more. For more information on this expert NJ roofing contractor and it’s roof replacement services, or for a free roofing estimate, call Biondo contracting today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.