There are many things that are constantly causing wear and tear on your Milltown roof. Some of which you may not even realize. Between different extreme weather elements that occur throughout the year, and just natural roof erosion overtime, your roof is always under attack. Here is a list of things that are slowly eating away at your roof.
Milltown, NJ Roof Threats
- The sun – Though it isn’t apparent, the heat and ultraviolet rays emitted by the sun deteriorate your roof overtime.
- Rain – After excess rain, water can get under roofing materials and into the roof deck. This can cause mildew and rot your roof, ceiling, walls, insulation, and electrical systems.
- Wind – Strong winds can raise shingles’ edges causing debris and water to get underneath them. Sometimes shingles can even totally blow off. This can cause some serious damage to a roof if not quickly repaired by a Milltown Roofer.
- Snow and Ice – These are some of the most damaging things for your roof. Snow that melts will run down your roof and then refreeze at a lower point, creating ice dams that can block your drainage system. Water will collect and eventually seep beneath your roof’s exterior. Ice inside or your gutters and downspouts can get so heavy that it can cause them to collapse.
- Missing or Broken Shingles – Having broken or missing shingles exposes your roof to water which will rot and damage your roof. Not only that, the surrounding shingles will begin to get damaged as well. Any missing or torn shingles should be replaced by a Milltown roofer as soon as possible to prevent serious damage.
Biondo Contracting is a group of Milltown roofers that does excellent roof repairs and installations all over Central NJ. They serve towns such as East Brunswick, Dayton, South Brunswick, Monmouth Junction, North Brunswick, Hillsborough, Edison, Piscataway, Aberdeen, and many more! Call today for a Milltown free roofing estimate.