Let’s face it, there is an endless amount of roofing contractors out there! Some are great, and others not so much. There aren’t many things worse than getting cheated by a dishonest roofing contractor. You lose a lot of both time and money. To help you avoid such an occurrence, here are some signs that you’ve got a reputable roofing contractor on your hands.
Reputable Roofing Contractor Traits
- Comprehensive Written Estimates Before Hire – A reputable roofing contractor will always provide clear, comprehensive written estimates upon request, free of charge. While estimates can involve a bit of guesswork in that the roofer won’t know about any damage the company might find once the job begins, the estimate will contain provisions for additional work that may need to be done once the project starts.
- Long History of Reputable Local Service – Don’t trust roofers that appear out of nowhere and claim to have a long list of happy customers in another state. This is a sign they are a sketchy roofing contractor that gets paid for subpar work and moves along to the next town before the homeowners catch on. An unusually low price usually accompanies their promise to take care of your roof, but don’t be fooled. You should only work with a local roofing company with a high-quality reputation. Local roofers also know what specific challenges roofs are up against in your area.
- Clear Communication at All Times – Work with a roofing contractor that respects your time. If they will be late for an appointment, they should call you in advance and tell you. This type of consideration is the first sign that when they project a completion timeline for your home’s roof, they will be telling the truth, not making false promises just to get your business.
- Local Licenses and Professional Insurance – Most towns and cities require builders to hold a license in their field. They should also carry adequate insurance so you are not at risk if a worker sustains an injury on your property. Licensure and insurance coverage are two non-negotiable must-haves for any reliable roofing company.
- Follow-Up Service and Maintenance – Trust an organization that offers periodic maintenance on their work after the project is complete. The assurance that they will respond to any roofing emergency or need for repair in the future is a sure sign of reliability. They will stand behind their work and make sure you and your home are safe and secure for years to come.
Biondo Contracting is a roofing company that offers roof replacement services, roof installation services, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roofing services to the Central NJ area. They service towns such as East Brunswick, Livingston, Short Hills, Point Pleasant, South Brunswick, Hillsborough, Bernardsville, Bridgewater, Green Brook, Madison, Somerset, Millburn, Bay Head, Springfield, Manalapan, North Brunswick, and many more. For more information on this expert NJ roofing contractor and it’s services, or for a free roofing estimate, call Biondo Contracting today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.