When a homeowner notices an issue with their roof, they will many times put it off and think it’s not much of a big deal. A roof isn’t cheap and its function is vital for the comfort of a home. Ignoring obvious problems can end up costing somebody a whole lot of money. There are some problems that may not be so obvious as well. Here are some situations where a roofing specialist should contacted immediately:
When to Call a Roofing Specialist
- Changes in heating and cooling : If you suddenly notice an unusual spike in the expense of keeping your home appropriately warm or appropriately cool, completely divorced from any change in the environment or your HVAC systems, it might be time to take a look at your roof.
- Sagging : Whether it’s tilting to one side, forming a valley, or anything else, once your roof goes from being a flat plane to any other shape, it’s time to call a roofing specialist to come take a look immediately.
- Water damage : Discoloration on your ceiling, the faint smell of mildew, warped wood and plaster are the signs that you’ve got some major leakage occurring in your roof. If there’s any sign on this list you should call a roofing specialist immediately. Water damage threatens not just your roof but your whole home.
- Loose or missing sections : Shingles, tiles, or metal panels, whatever your roof is made of, you don’t want any of them gone. Exposed roof decks are comparatively very delicate, and it doesn’t take much at all for that exposed foundation of your roof to end up damaged to the point of requiring a full replacement.
- Gutter problems : If your gutters are constantly overloaded, if they’re pulling away from your house, or if anything else seems wrong with them, it can be a gutter-specific problem, or it can be a roof problem. If you’re not sure which, you should talk to a roofing specialist. Left unchecked, gutter problems turn into roof problems or whole-house problems very quickly.
- Evidence of mold : Mold in your home is always bad. Mold on your roof is a disaster. Mold in your roof means you need a new roof. The moment you suspect mold might be taking root on your roof, you need to get it handled by a roofing specialist. It’s important to look at the problem from both ends. Mold can work its way up to your roof from below or it can work its way down from above.
- Daylight in attic : If you can go into your attic, turn off the lights, and see light shining through your roof deck, you have a major problem on its way. Even if you’re somehow not already seeing water damage when it rains, it’ll come shortly.
Looking for a Reliable Roofing Specialist?
Biondo Contracting is a NJ roofing specialist that offers roof replacement services, roof installation services, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roof services to the Central NJ area. They service towns such as East Brunswick, Livingston, Short Hills, Point Pleasant, South Brunswick, Hillsborough, Bernardsville, Bridgewater, Green Brook, Madison, Somerset, Millburn, Bay Head, Springfield, Manalapan, North Brunswick, and many more. For more information on this expert NJ roofing contractor and it’s services, or for a free roofing estimate, call Biondo Contracting today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.