Homeowners are never excited to call up their local roofer to discuss dropping quite a sum on roofing services. While sometimes the help of a professional isn’t needed, other times it’s necessary for the well-being of your home. Here are some of the main reasons you’d need to call up a roofer :
Reasons to Contact a Roofer
- Excessive granule loss. If you can see small piles of black or gray granules in your gutters or collected in your downspouts, it’s a sign your roof’s shingles have failed or reached the end of their useful life span.
- Loose or missing shingles. Windstorms and snow and ice damage can cause the nails that affix your shingles to the roof deck to pop out, resulting in loose or missing shingles.
- Water stains on roof decking. If you can access the unfinished portion of your home’s attic, take a look at the underside of your roof decking. If you see signs of water stains, it indicates a roof leak is allowing water to run underneath the shingles and needs the attention of a roofer.
- Shingle pops. Shingles that appear to rise above the flat surface of the rest of the roof can indicate impact damage from hail, but they may also indicate inadequate attic ventilation. If attic temperatures rise above 120 degrees, shingles can blister, which looks similar to hail damage.
- Cracked, loose or worn flashing or gaskets around protrusions like vent stacks and chimneys. Any point where roof shingles meet or abut protrusions has a higher likelihood of failure relative to the entire roof system. Improperly applied or failed caulking or flashing can cause roof leaks.
- Old roof age. Along with the conditions listed above, knowing your roof’s age is critical for determining whether or not you should invest in repairs or a roof replacement. Most roofs are designed to last about 25 years at the most, so if your roof is approaching age 20 or more, keep a close eye on its condition and be prepared to contact a roofer to replace it.
Biondo Contracting is a professional roofer that offers roof replacement services, roof installation services, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roofing services to the Central NJ area. They service towns such as East Brunswick, Livingston, Short Hills, Point Pleasant, South Brunswick, Hillsborough, Bernardsville, Bridgewater, Green Brook, Madison, Somerset, Millburn, Bay Head, Springfield, Manalapan, North Brunswick, and many more. For more information on this expert NJ roofing contractor and it’s services, or for a free roofing estimate, call Biondo Contracting today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.