Choosing the right guy for your roof construction is not the easiest task to accomplish. With so many different contractors out there offering slightly different things, how do we know which one is the best for us? Here are some things you can do when determining which contract0r to choose for roof construction:
Choosing the Right Contractor for Roof Construction
- When considering a company for roof construction, you should check for a permanent place of business, telephone number, tax identification number and, where applicable, a business license.
- Don’t hesitate to ask a roofing contractor for proof of insurance. Make sure the coverage’s are in effect through the duration of the roof construction. Many building and home owners have been dragged into litigation involving uninsured roofing contractors. Also, if a contractor is not properly insured, you may be liable for accidents that occur on your property, which is a serious matter.
- Make sure the roofing contractor is properly licensed before beginning roof construction. Some states have specific licensing requirements, and others do not.
- Make sure the contractor is financially stable. A professional roofing contractor can provide current financial information about his company.
- Look for a company with a proven track record that offers client references and a list of completed roof construction projects. Call these clients to find out whether they were satisfied.
- Ask for a detailed, written proposal and examine it for complete descriptions of the work and specifications, including approximate starting and completion dates and payment procedures.
- Have the contractor list the roofing manufacturers with which his firm is a licensed or approved applicator. Most roof systems require special application expertise to achieve lasting quality, so this is important for any roof construction project.
- Have the contractor explain his roof construction project supervision and quality-control procedures. Request the name of the person who will be in charge of your project, how many workers will be required and estimated completion time.
- Check to see if the contractor is a member of any regional or national industry associations. Being a member of industry associations demonstrates professionalism.
- Call your local Better Business Bureau or Department of Professional Regulation to check for possible complaints filed against the contractor.
- Carefully read and understand any roof construction warranties offered, and watch for provisions that would void it.
Biondo Contracting is a roofing company that offers roof construction services, roof installation services, roof replacements, roof repairs, siding services, and many other roofing services to the Central NJ area in towns such as East Brunswick, Livingston, Short Hills, Point Pleasant, South Brunswick, Hillsborough, Bernardsville, Bridgewater, Green Brook, Madison, Somerset, Millburn, Bay Head, Springfield, Manalapan, North Brunswick, and many more. For more information on this expert NJ roofing contractor and it’s services, or for a free roofing estimate, call Biondo contracting today at (732)257-2926 or visit the website.